About the Community
White Cloud is a beautiful Michigan city located in Newaygo County on the banks of the White River. With an expanding commercial park, rich scenic views, and a small-town feel, White Cloud captures the adventurous spirit of the true North. Over half of the county is in the Manistee National Forest with more than 230 natural lakes and 350 miles of rivers and streams that offer world-class fly-fishing. White Cloud is located within a four-hour drive of Detroit and Chicago and is located just 45 minutes north of Grand Rapids.
Why Family Health Care?
- Progressive, non-profit, outpatient group practice
- Active provider retention and burnout reduction plan of action
- “One-Stop-Shopping” concept for all health care services: medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology and vision
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
- Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Led by a board of directors composed of community members and patients
- Family Health Care is composed of multiple primary care and child and adolescent health centers with the main office in Baldwin.
- The first community health center in Michigan
What We Provide:
- 4 or 5-Day Work Week
- No Hospital Rotations
- Eligible for up to $25,000 in TAX-FREE loan repayment per year for up to 8 years.
- Federal Malpractice Coverage
- Experienced Mid-levels within your team
- Paired Medical Assistants
- RN Care Manager
- Behavioral Health Therapists on-site with collaborative practice
- Clinical Pharmacist on-site to assist with Medication review, interactions, and education
- Opportunities for teaching medical students and residents and grant participation
- Call duties by phone only
- Electronic health record
- Competitive salaries and paid time off
- Excellent benefits
- An organization that prides itself on quality of care and patient safety
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish a primary care panel of patients managing their chronic health conditions and preventive health care needs. Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives.
- May participate in community education functions and assist community health groups in a medical advisory capacity.
- May be asked to collaborate with mid-level providers.
Essential skills necessary:
- Considerable knowledge of medical practices, procedures, drugs, and medicines.
- Thorough knowledge of sterile technique and infection control.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions.
- Versatility with an electronic health record to document patient encounters
- Understanding of billing and coding
- Understanding of Michigan health care law and Federal health care law including patient privacy and informed consent
- Leadership skills
- Graduation from an accredited school of Medicine
- Completion of a primary care residency either in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics
- State of Michigan Medical License
- State of Michigan Controlled Substance License
- Federal DEA License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine
Benefits: Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life, 401(k), PTO
Family Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: White Cloud, MI (49349)