Sierra Piedmont Engineers and Geologists, a 23 year young environmental engineering/geological consulting firm is seeking a staff engineer/geologist with a passion for client service to join our fast-paced group. This position is a career track position and requires 1-5 years of prior experience in the industry.
The successful candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. in geology or engineering and be able to show solid examples of contributing to a client execution team while exhibiting a high degree of self-direction and management. The right candidate will possess excellent written and verbal skills, a strong work ethic, be detail-oriented and have superb project execution, and organizational skills. Writing skills should include experience in groundwater monitoring reports, subsurface site assessments, & remediation system operations maintenance reports. Preference will be given to those candidates that have passed the G.I.T or E.I.T. exam.
This position requires short duration travel (by air) with responsibilities split into three areas; field activities (50%), report writing (30%) and project management (20%).
As an environmental professional with Sierra Piedmont, you’ll have the opportunity to take your career to the next level with technical and managerial coaching and mentoring by experienced Project and Account Managers. You’ll work closely with other technical and client facing personnel to execute the Superior Client Experience in our industry and make significant contributions to the success of the firm and team each and every day.
Job Skills You Will Have or Acquire Include:
- Phase I environmental site assessment execution
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plans creation
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan creation
- Installation of soil borings and groundwater monitoring wells using direct push and hollow stem auger methods
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- Project management (performing multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy, ensuring field tasks meet state/federal regulations, adhering to cost and time budgets)
- Ensuring projects meet client requirements and reflect Sierra commitments and standards
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development
Sierra provides the following benefits to its full-time employees:
- Employee health insurance coverage
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan
Location: Atlanta, (North side) GA. Interested candidates MUST submit cover letter along with resume.